Thursday, March 19, 2009

You Might Be A Mom If...

If I were to rip off Jeff Foxworthy and start a comedy act about being a mom, I might use a lame line like this one:

If the highlight of your week is finding Tension Tamer tea on sale (buy one get one) at the grocery... You might be a mom.

Of course, that isn't really true. Luke has had some major milestones in the fine motor department. He's learning to tie his shoes and how to buckle a belt. It's big. See, he has holes in almost every pair of pants and I couldn't bring myself to buy a bunch more size 5 pants when he'll grow out of them immediately. But 6 is way too big. I almost cracked and bought some pants at Target, but then that same week the snap broke on a practically new pair. So Dave picked up 5 pairs of pants for a $12.00 total at Savers. Unfortunately they don't all have the adjustable waist so they are too big. At first I thought, "great, what a waste." Then I realized that there are things that could be done about this problem! I could sew elastic into the waste! In these hard economic times, I could salvage the $2.00 pants with a little seamstressing. Good, old fashioned do-it-yourselfedness. I was sharing this revelation to Dave and he said, "Or he could just wear a belt." Apparently that is how men keep their pants up.

Also big! His picture was in the paper. So cute. I rarely have time for the paper in the morning, but this must have been the one day this week where everyone's alarm went off on time. So I glanced at the paper and there he was!

Jack has an ear infection, poor little guy. He's been pretty uncomfortable. And I stayed home with him Wednesday and a half day today. I am so lucky I can work from home. Otherwise, I would have used 4.5 out of my 6 sick days for the year this month already. Good times!

On the bright side, Jack has gotten really good with signs since he has been in the toddler room and his vocabulary seems to be exploding. He can sign more, please, thank you. And he sort of says more please and thank you. And basketball. It sounds like "boy-guh-ball". And he says, "Eh uh. Eh uh. Eh uh." Which means, "may I please have that?"

So that is all the rambling for now. Time for some tension tamer.

No comments: