Sunday, May 17, 2009

Haircut

It was Saturday Hair Cut Day at Casa de MetaMegan this past weekend. I wanted to take Before and After pictures for my blog, but I couldn't find my camera, and the charger for my cell (camera) phone had been lost for weeks. Dave said if I used his camera phone, then he'd be the one to blog about it. Curses. I found my phone charger and my camera just minutes after they left, so all I really have is the After picture, and we'll have to just imagine the Before. Luke's choices were buzz cut or nothing, because he barely needed a haircut. He chose the buzz cut, probably just to get the free sucker and then yesterday he said he didn't like how his hair feels like a fuzzy ball. But then again, he was also upset about having long eyelashes, and after he blew his nose for 5 minutes straight, he was really angry when I said, "Watch out, your brain might come out."

But look how cute they are, post haircut!

The trend in Boulder is a shaggy haired look for boys, but Dave and I have, thus far, been able to steer clear of that trend. Don't get me wrong, we are dirty hippies like the rest of this town, but I just don't want to deal with tangles in my sons' hair. (Aside - We cut up half a burrito at dinner the other night, and then became engrossed in adult conversation while the boys ate. Next thing we knew, the rest of Jack's burrito had been ripped open and he had beans* all over his face. And the burrito was an empty shell. The waiter said to Jack, "Um, you have a little something on your face..." I said, "Don't worry, it's bath night." And the waiter said, "And that is... once a week?" "No, twice a week!" "Oh, Ok." )

But back to the haircuts, Jack was looking especially cute on the morning before his haircut. (You know when your hair is perfect, and you are almost tempted to cancel your appointment, but you know if you do, you'll look like Medusa every day for the next month while you try to reschedule? What? No, that's never happened to me.) Then I had the best idea when Dave asked me how I wanted Jack's hair to look. So I ran to find my latest InStyle magazine and I tore out a picture and said, "Have his hair cut to look like this:

Wait, that isn't a good example, I mean, it should look like this:


And do you know what Dave said? He said, "No." And he said it sort of derisively. Just short of scorn. He said, "I am not getting his hair cut to look like that. That is what his hair looks like now. That is why I am taking him to get his hair cut."

Hmm. Well. Now what am I supposed to do with that magazine picture? Hang it up in my locker? Well, just like C, N, S and B, I am not in high school anymore.** Would it be weird if I hung it up in my cube at work? Just kidding, I never ripped it out of the magazine. I couldn't risk tearing it!


* I capitalized Bean at first. Sigh.

** Since I wasn't able to impress anyone with my one degree of seperation from Gossip Girl, I'll just assume no one gets this.

1 comment:

Dodder said...

And look below. THAT IS EXACTLY what his hair looked like!