Monday, April 12, 2010

Maybe We Should Have Gotten A Pure Bred?

The Subject came up and I choked. For real.

Luke and I were riding the lift at Eldora on Sunday and talking about Lucy. He said something about how she's a Cocker Spaniel, and I said I wasn't so sure about that any more, but that she was some sort of Spaniel mix.

Luke: I don't get it. What's a mix?
Me: Well, you know, like if someone had a Chinese mom and an African dad, they'd be half
Luke: (interrupting) Why wouldn't they just be like THE MOM. What does the DAD have TO DO WITH IT?
Me: (choke, cough, cough, choke) Do you mind stopping at the top to get some water? I can't stop coughing.


Take note, that's a good parenting maneuver right there. Fake coughing fit.

4 comments:

molly said...

Your bio teacher mom is appalled.

Aurora Sisneros said...

All I can do is LOL at you right now!

jack said...

I was a history major, but even I know better....

John said...

So...what is the answer?



Kidding, thank the good lord we were on a different lift.