Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Laura

My good friend Laura has a birthday today, and I am blogging in advance because as you read this I am ripping it up at Loveland to celebrate. Laura likes to celebrate at Loveland so much, she even got married there. I didn't get to see the actual event because it was exactly 2 weeks before Luke was born and I was afraid to ride a snowmobile to the top for the event. Dave was there, and he had a good time. I celebrated in the lodge afterwards. I wore black maternity overalls, which were actually adorable, but I can't even believe I thought that was fashionable at the time. And I could still zip up my winter coat at the beginning of the day. I think my coat was too small after the wedding cake though.

Speaking of cake... I stopped in Kim and Jake's Cakes today to get cupcakes for the birthday breakfast. I have been trying to go there forever, but for some reason, it's never open when I want it to be. Now I know the hours though, and I suspect I will be back. I tried a sample of a cake, and I don't know what I was anticipating, but it turned out to be a corn, jalepeno jelly, something or other combo. It was amazing. Truly spectacular. I don't think the flavor is something the kids would object to, but if they don't like it, that's fine too! More for me. I was thinking about it as I ran the next 4 errands on my list and I thought about going back to get the name straight. But I am so lazy, and I assumed I would be able to find it on their website. I am pretty happy that I have an excuse to go back, in the name of research.

Happy Birthday Laura - my present to you is a new cupcake field trip destination.

2 comments:

Laura M said...

I can't believe I got cupcakes, gifts, snowboarding and a blog post! The best birthday ever!

molly said...

Happy Birthday Laura!