Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Origami Yoda

A month or so ago, Luke spent an afternoon writing to authors of the books he was reading. One was to Tom Angleberger, the author of The Strange Case of Origami Yoda. The letter was something like,

Dear Mr. Angleberger,

I really like The Strange Case of Origami Yoda because of all the details.

Sincerely,
Luke

I said, "Do you care to elaborate on that?"
Luke said, "Nope."
I said, "Because, if you really like details...."
Luke, "Please hand me an envelope."

This week, a letter arrived for Luke. I said, "Luke, you got some mail." Luke said, "Who is it from?" while barely turning his head away from his wii game. I sighed, because that sort of question makes me feel a tiny bit like Luke's secretary, but I said, "I don't know, the return address looks like a puzzle piece."

He was across the room, shouting, "Remember when I wrote to the author of Origami Yoda!" and ripping open the envelope. It was pretty darn exciting.

We took a bunch of pictures of Luke with Origami Yoda on his finger, including this one, with my new photobooth app.