Friday, March 4, 2011

The Day it All Fell Apart

Just need to record this conversation in case I ever wonder, "Where did I go wrong?"

I am working, and I am burned out, and Jack is home with me, and he doesn't want to nap. An hour after I put him down, I heard the garage door open, and I though it was Dave. Then I heard the sound of little feet running from room to room. Contrary to the to implications of the High School Varsity Cross Country Jacket that I can see from where I am sitting right now, Dave is not a runner, so I got up to investigate.

It was Jack, and we had the following conversation:

Jack: I don't want to nap.
Me: You have to
Jack: I promise I won't be grouchy
Me: You said that last time.
Jack: If I am grouchy, you can just get me a class of water and I will not be grouchy.
Me: OK, You don't have to nap, but you have to go to your room for quiet time.
Jack: OK.
Jack: Can I be loud?
Me: Sure.

And scene.

3 comments:

molly said...

Somebody needs a nap...

John said...

Jack sounds like a great negotiator.

jack said...

8 - 9 - 10!!! And the winner by a knockout....Jack!!!!!