Monday, October 27, 2008

Diabolical

I think I have mentioned before that Jack is obsessed with electrical cords. Just when I think I have everything blocked off in one way or another, he thwarts me again. One of the cords goes behind the open bookshelves, which now contain only board books and toys, and the cord is blocked by a big bin of toys. I was sitting at the kitchen counter, working, and Jack was playing with the instruments.

Jingle, jingle, jingle. Aww, so cute.

And I was working, working, working.

Jingle, Jingle, shuffle, jingle.

Working, working, working.

Jingle, shuffle, shuffle, jingle.

Working, working, wait, did I hear shuffling?

Yes, Jack had pulled the toy box out and slipped into the bookshelf, and he had the cord in his hand. And the jingle bell? Where was that? Oh, he was jingling it with his foot so I would think he was playing nicely with the instruments.

Diabolical.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always thought that Luke had the devil in his eye. Now Jack is replaying that scene from Cool Hand Luke - "shaking it here, boss, shaking it here."

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I don't have the only one year old who loves electrical cords!

Ellie

Anonymous said...

As I said when I first heard this story, my nephew is clearly a ninja.

Mare said...

Two of my three were cord chewers. I have pictures of both culprits in the act. Jack is in good company!