Tuesday, March 2, 2010

7

Luke's birthday celebration began a few weeks ago at the Monster Truck Jam. And if you ask him about it, make sure not to call it a Monster Truck Extravaganza, or a Monster Truck Rally. It's a MONSTER TRUCK JAM!!!

From 2010February


On the actual day of Luke's birth, we started off at Lucille's

From 2010February


for a beignets, followed by granola:

From 2010February


From 2010February


Then poor Luke had to begin the extremely long process of waiting for his presents to be wrapped. (Note to people who send unwrapped gifts and then ask me to wrap them... I don't do the best job sometimes.)

From 2010February


It took a really long time, and Jack had a major meltdown when he found out he wasn't going to be opening anything. So I had to wrap a box of hot chocolate so he'd have something to open. Luke got very tired of waiting. Lucy tried to make off with a gift.

From 2010February


There were lots of awesome presents.

From 2010February


After that, Luke pretty much played with his presents for the rest of the day while I was in a baking frenzy. I baked a cake for his birthday dessert, cupcakes for his school party and pizzas for dinner.

From 2010February


More about the triple layer fudge cake later - but do I look like the mother of a 7 year old? No, I didn't think so.

And the cupcakes were "orange cream soda with chocolate straws."



He had a pretty good day, I think. I told him now that he is 7, I am just going to start calling him "Seven". You see, John Elway was under consideration as a name for Luke when I was pregnant, and we were going to use 7 as a nickname. If you know Luke, you will know that he did not find that story amusing at all.

2 comments:

molly said...

Great Pictures. You look fabulous!

Laura M said...

I don't know what is better lookin': you or that cake.